|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MSocSc(Psy)||FT / PT|
The Master of Social Sciences in the field of Psychology [MSocSc(Psychology)] course is designed to:
- provide university graduates in fields other than psychology with an opportunity to acquire a foundation in psychology with a strong understanding of psychology theories and research methods, and an ability to communicate and apply their knowledge of psychology in real life;
- help students develop research competence in psychology, thereby enabling them to pursue advanced professional training and careers in psychology and related fields; and
- develop students a level where they are eligible to apply for graduate membership of the Hong Kong Psychological Society and the British Psychological Society, and become eligible to apply for the programmes leading to the degrees of MSocSc in Clinical Psychology and in Educational Psychology degrees, as well as postgraduate research degrees in psychology.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (one year)
Part Time (two years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
1. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a discipline other than psychology and without completion of any other programme in psychology which is designed to bring the degree holder up to the standard of a graduate majoring in psychology;
2. More than one year of work experience is preferable; and
3. Candidates shall satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination and interview if shortlisted.
Programme Admissions Advisor
|Dr SH Cheung|