|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MSc(CompSc)||FT / PT|
1. General Stream
2. Cyber Security Stream
3. Financial Computing Stream
4. Multimedia Computing Stream
The Master of Science in Computer Science [MSc(CompSc)] curriculum offers the option of four focused streams of study, a general one and specialised streams in Cyber Security, Financial Computing and Multimedia Computing.
• The General Stream covers a broad, comprehensive range of Computer Science subjects, including a wide range of courses which students can choose from.
• The Cyber Security Stream is a multidisciplinary area of study and professional activity concerned with state-of-the-art technology in cyber security. The curriculum covers different aspects of cyber security from different perspectives, including technical, organisational, human-oriented and legal.
• The Financial Computing Stream is the study of data and algorithms used in finance and the mathematics of computer programmes that realise financial models or systems. Financial Computing emphasises practical numerical methods and focuses on techniques that are directly applicable to business and financial analysis. The emphasis will be in the computing aspect of the financial industry.
• The Multimedia Computing Stream focuses on multimedia computing, communications, analytics, visualization and applications. Students will gain theoretical and practical skills that will enable them to develop innovative and creative multimedia computing technologies.
Students are required to successfully complete 72 credits to graduate. The mode of study may comprise 48 credits of courses plus a dissertation (equivalent to 24 credits) or 60 credits of courses plus a project (equivalent to 12 credits).
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (minimum one year, maximum two years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and weekends)
Part Time (minimum two years, maximum three years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and weekends)
Lectures of a few courses may be given during daytime of weekdays to suit mainly full time students. There are two semesters and one summer semester in an academic year.
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
1. Comply with the University Entrance Requirements; and
2. Hold a Bachelor's degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose.
Programme Admissions Advisor(s)
|Dr. KP Chow|