|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
The Master of Dental Surgery in Prosthodontics [MDS(Prostho)] programme is designed to provide dental surgeons with advanced training in prosthodontics. The coursework enables students to acquire detailed knowledge of the principles and practice of prosthodontics, including study of the materials and technologies commonly employed.
The course includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment planning using a multidisciplinary approach
- Hands-on experience of management of a full range of cases, from single-tooth replacement to total rehabilitation
- Clinical exposure to a range of implant systems
- Joint surgical/prosthodontic consultation clinic plus surgical demonstrations by the Discipline of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Management of advanced restorative cases using a multidisciplinary approach
- Management of localised and generalised tooth wear cases using conventional and minimally invasive cast restorations
- Clinical exposure to crown-lengthening surgery with the Discipline of Periodontology
- Management of complex partially dentate and edentulous cases using various removable partial and complete denture techniques
- Diagnosis and treatment planning of patients with head and neck cancers using a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Management of congenital/acquired defects in the orofacial region using removable, fixed and implant-retained prostheses
- Diagnosis and management of patients with temporomandibular disorders using a multidisciplinary approach
- Hands-on experience of different treatment modalities including splint therapy
Advanced prosthodontic consultation clinic
- Diagnosis and treatment planning of referred complex prosthodontic cases using a multidisciplinary approach
The programme will include lectures, tutorials, clinical and paraclinical assignments, written work, training in research methods, and a supervised research project. It also includes courses of study in related disciplines.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (three years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
- A BDS degree of this University or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of one year of work experience would be preferable.
Programme Admissions Advisor(s)
|Dr. E.H.N. Pow|
|Miss Hazel Leung|
List of Programmes
To be confirmed