|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
The Master of Accounting programme aims to train students to become accounting professionals who are equipped with advanced knowledge of not only accounting, but also finance, law, professional ethics, and strategic planning. The programme delivers a rigorous learning experience across a wide spectrum of fields, including financial and managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, law, financial management, corporate governance, accounting analytics, strategic management, and business leadership. The curriculum has the following distinctive features:
• A comprehensive postgraduate curriculum encompassing accounting, finance, management, and business analytics
• Theories that explicate the important roles of accounting in economic decisions
• Professional training in business leadership, strategic management reporting, and advanced financial and performance management benefited from the partnership with ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
• Accounting data analytics that convert information into executable actions
• A capstone course to tie the various elements of the study together through real world business projects
Students need to complete a total of twelve 6-credit courses (72 credits), including eight core courses (48 credits) and four elective courses (24 credits). Up to two elective courses may be taken from other taught postgraduate programmes offered by the Faculty.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (one year to two years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
1. A recognized Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
2. Statements from two referees; and
3. A TOEFL/IELTS* score if you are not from an English teaching university.
(*A minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 80 (internet-based test) in TOEFL, or a minimum overall band of 6 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in IELTS is required.)
Candidates with a good GMAT/GRE score or possessing a business Bachelor's degree or have accounting-related work experience will be favorably considered.
Programme Admissions Advisor
|Ms Samantha Suen|
List of Programmes
Round 1: 12:00nn (HKT), October 29, 2018
Round 2: 12:00nn (HKT), December 14, 2018
Round 3: 12:00nn (HKT), February 15, 2019