Where exceptional students prosper
HKU Academy for the Talented (The Academy) is a membership based programme established since 2001 at the University of Hong Kong. It brings together students from diverse backgrounds globally. The unique programme challenges members to better understand their intellectual potential and advance both their academic and personal development.
An exclusive networking opportunity
Academy members have access to tailored academic programmes, workshops, and valuable international networking opportunities with the world’s top students, including attending Nobel Week in Stockholm and the International Symposium on STEM Education. Members are also eligible to apply for exclusive scholarships to HKU Summer Programmes.
A holistic experience: Our values
- Academic. We inspire students to maximise their intellectual potential through academic learning.
- Co-Curricular. We encourage studnets to participate in co-curricular activities and learn outside the classroom both locally and abroad.
- Aspirational. Interactions with renowned scholars, pioneering researchers, and community leaders motivate students to set ambitious goals.
- Distinctive. The Academy offers outstanding students a valuable opportunity to meet like-minded individuals.
- Enriching. Programmes are tailored to foster personal growth and help students grow in maturity.
- Memorable. Members can take full advantage of a fun and exciting university life in the vibrant city of Hong Kong.
- Youthful. The Academy offers a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience and a thrilling adventure for successful applicants.