Course Code: LABX2018
Faculty of: Graduate School
Managed by HKU Summer Institute
Target Students: Non HKU Undergraduates, Postgraduate Students
Area of Interest: Scientific and Technological Literacy
Course Period: July 16, 2018 to August 3, 2018
Course Fee: HKD 11,000
Discount: 10% off for students from HKU exchange partners. 5% early bird offer for application before February 22 (the early bird offer is not valid in conjunction with other discounts)
Deadline for Application: March 23, 2018
Online Application: APPLY NOW
Special Requirements: Students with the interest of pursuing MPhil/PhD studies
The HKU Graduate School, in collaboration with the Admissions and Academic Liaison Section of the Registry, will launch a series of residential laboratory exchange programme at HKU in this summer for undergraduate and research postgraduate students from universities in Mainland China and overseas.
As a research-led university with a global outlook that aims to excel in research and research postgraduate education, The University of Hong Kong (HKU) has in recent years enhanced its research collaborations with leading international higher education institutions.
Course Learning Outcomes:
The goal of this series is to provide students with the opportunity to pursue research projects with world-class scientists of HKU on ground-breaking topics.
Participants will conduct research work under the supervision of at least one member of the University’s professoriate/research staff. Research areas cover issues on engineering, medicine, chemistry, biology and physical chemistry.
Applicants are required to suggest your Preference on Principal Investigators and Area of Interest during the application process, please state your preference in a separate pdf file and upload it to the online application system.
The programme is jointly organised by HKU Graduate School and Admissions and Academic Liaison Section.
List of Principal Investigators
Additional Application Materials:
In addition to the application materials listed here, students are required to submit:
• 1-page statement suggesting their preference on Principal Investigators and Area of Interest in pdf file (100 words).
Check-in: July 15, 2018
Check-out: August 4, 2018
• HKU Facilities Access
• Certificate upon Completion (non-credit bearing programme)
• For information about HKU exchange partners, please click here.
• Students can access to HKU Facilities including Cafeteria, Main Library, Flora Ho Sports Centre, Learning Commons and University Health Services. Meal expense, service fee and medical cost will be responsible by students.
• Students of non-credit bearing programmes will receive a certificate upon programme completion. Students of credit-bearing programmes can apply a transcript stated with HKU credits, please contact your home institution about the issue related to HKU credits recognition.
• In any case, students are strongly recommended to make their own insurance arrangements throughout the entire period of your programme. Students will be responsible for their own medical and dental costs during the period of the programme. Please refer to here (Point 5) for more information.