Introduction to HKU Incoming Student Exchange Programme


  • To apply for HKU Incoming Student Exchange Porgramme, your home institution should have an exchange partnership with HKU, you may check with the exchange office of your home institution for further information. 


(Remarks: If your home institution is NOT an exchange partner with HKU, you may consider applying for the Visiting Student Programme)


  • You must be nominated for the programme by the exchange coordinator of your home institution. 

(Please do not contact our office without official nomination by your home institution)


  • You can be nominated to study at The University of Hong Kong for one or two semesters.


  • Your application must be accepted by The University of Hong Kong. If you are admitted as an exchange student at HKU, you will remain enrolled with your home institution and continue to pay your home institution tuition.


  • The academic programme you undertake may be credited towards your degree as per the formal agreement between HKU and your home institution.



Visit the following sections to learn more about the application procedures.

Nomination (Partner)

How to Apply (Student)

Academic Information

HKU Information Sheet 2021-22

Arrival Advice