Internships are are a useful way to help you stand out early in your career. They can help you develop a better understanding of what it's actually like to work in a particular job, and can also help you build professional networks. Students at HKU can pursue various internship opportunities, which are regularly advertised on faculty websites, and can also get training to help them secure their dream job in classes and seminars offered by CEDARS Career and Placement.
Engaging With China
Those who are keen to explore internship opportunities in mainland China can join one of HKU’s China-focused initiatives, such as the Learn, Live and Intern in China (LLIC) Programme. Founded in 2008, the programme brings together undergraduate students from around the world to experience China first-hand through a seven-week internship with a unique network of companies throughout the country. For more information about summer internship opportunities outside Hong Kong, click here.
Career and Placement
CEDARS Careers and Placement provides students with information about numerous current internship opportunities. They serve as a platform with all-round, high quality co-curricular programmes and placement resources, including:
- One-on-one career advising (career planning, CV review, mock interview)
- Recruitment talks and careers fairs
- Job posting and application platform
- Faculty-based Professional Preparation Programme
- Selection exercise and career preparation training
- Industry collaboration events
- Hong Kong, mainland and overseas internships
- Entrepreneurship education and support
- Graduate employment survey