We welcome your application to HKU through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) if you are applying on the strength of Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE).
To have your application considered for admission, you MUST FIRST satisfy the University Entrance Requirements. Each applicant shall gain the following in the HKDSE Examination:
- "Attained with Distinction" obtained prior to 2018, or "Attained with Distinction (I)" or "Attained with Distinction (II)" obtained in or after 2018, in Applied Learning subjects (other than Applied Learning Chinese) will be used as additional supporting information. In the meantime, student learning experiences in Applied Learning subjects may be considered within the context of other learning experiences in their application.
- Other Language subjects will be used as unspecified elective subjects. The minimum requirement is Grade E.
Category A: Senior Secondary Subjects
|Level 1 - 4||Level 5||Level 5*||Level 5**|
|1 - 4||5.5||7||8.5|
Category C: Other Language Subjects
|Grade E||Grade D||Grade C||Grade B||Grade A|
We welcome eligible NCS applicants (both school and non-school) to submit Alternative Qualifications in Chinese Language (ACL), i.e. GCSE / GCE etc. for consideration in lieu of the general Chinese language requirement.
If NCS applicants submit more than one ACL and / or have HKDSE Chinese Language result during selection, the best result will be considered.
Further information on submissions and verification of ACL is available at the JUPAS website.
In addition to the standard University Entrance Requirements, some of the University's programmes have additional entrance requirements, which vary from programme to programme.
- Bachelor of Arts and Sciences Degrees
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- 6767 Bachelor of Economics / Bachelor of Economics and Finance
- 6781 Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- 6793 Bachelor of Business Administration (Information Systems)
- 6808 Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) and Bachelor of Laws (double degree)
- 6860 Bachelor of Finance in Asset Management and Private Banking
- 6884 Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Finance
- 6896 Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business and Global Management
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education
- 6066 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education in Language Education - English (double degree)
- 6080 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education in Language Education - Chinese (double degree)
- 6092 Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education and Special Education
- 6119 Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Science (double degree)
- 6157 Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences
- 6195 Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Social Sciences (double degree)
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Tables of Programme Admissions Information will be available soon.