Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Scholarships
In February 2012, Mr Chu Nap Kee and Ms Truong My Lan of Van Thinh Phat Group Holdings generously donated a sum to The University of Hong Kong for the establishment of the "Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Scholarships" to attract outstanding talents from Vietnam to study undergraduate programmes at the University.
Following the success of scholarship award during the past 6 years from The Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation Scholarship Fund, Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation continues to offer full scholarships for the 2019 academic year with value of HK$235,000 (approx. US$29,300) per year for each award to Vietnamese students to study in The University of Hong Kong (HKU), the 3rd best university in the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings of The World’s Most International Universities for the last three consecutive years, and often ranked as the best university in Asia by both Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and THE.These generous Scholarship shall be awarded to those aiming to study the following full-time undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance;
- Any undergraduate programme offered by the Faculty of Architecture;
- Any undergraduate programme offered by the Faculty of Engineering
This full scholarship covers all necessary expenses (*) related to education and living of scholars throughout their study in HKU including application fee, visa fee, tuition fee, annual airfares, accommodation and personal living expenses. The Scholarship shall be tenable throughout the course of study subject to a satisfactory academic performance being maintained, i.e. GPA of 3.0 or above.
(*) Note: The full scholarship does not cover certain costs of application such as costs of document dispatch, costs of notarizing documents (if any), other miscellaneous costs and costs incurred going beyond the scholarship amount. It is the responsibility of the student to cover these additional costs.
The Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation Scholarship Fund are aimed at 1st-year students currently studying at any public universities or 12th-graders at any high school in Vietnam, with the following requirements:
- A minimum of 8 marks out of 10 or better in all 3 subjects in the past Entrance Exam (for freshman students); or
- An average of 8 marks out of 10 or better across all subjects in Grade 10, 11 and first semester of Grade 12 examinations (for 12th-graders at public high schools); or
- An achievement score of 39 or above out of 45 in the IB Diploma or equivalent for other examination systems (for 12th-graders at international high schools); and
- A minimum overall band of 6.5 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants with excellent academic results will be prioritized for selection. Those with an underprivileged background may be given additional bonus points in the selection exercise. A basic knowledge of Chinese would also be helpful, although it is not required for study in HKU.
Application and Selection
1. Update: Application for 2020-21 intake will be opened soon. Generally speaking, application in English includes:
- Personal Statement letter
- Reference letter (if any)
- Certified copies of Academic documentations: confirmation of the current university, result of the past entrance exam, academic report of Year 10 – 12 (first semester of grade 12), and valid test report form in English competence.
- Certified copies of Personal documentations: ID or Passport, Household registry, Temporary residence record
2. Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee, who will liaise with the relevant faculties of HKU to select the successful applicants.Only successful candidates shall be informed and invited to a meeting with the top management of Van Thinh Phat Group Corporation
All Applications shall be sent to the following address:
Hoa Thuan Phat Corporation
Address: 193 Tran Hung Dao Street, Co Giang Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
submit via the HKU online application system by the Main Round Deadline (12:00 noon, November 22, 2019) and indicate your interests in this scholarship on your application form. We will contact the eligible applicants at a later stage.
For any queries, kindly contact us at 089 661 5542 or via email@example.com