You are required to submit an application to the University via the online application system no later than January 31, 2020 and indicate your interest in this scholarship on your application form. Eligible applicants will be contacted at a later stage.
About the Scholarship
In 2017, a Hong Kong merchant pledged an initial sum for establishing an entrance scholarship for students from Nigeria to pursue undergraduate study at HKU. The donor has been doing business in Nigeria for many years and wishes to help develop the young talents there by enabling them to receive quality education at HKU and widen their exposure. The Scholarship shall be named in honour of the donor's father.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship shall be awarded as an entrance scholarship to outstanding student from Nigeria to pursue any undergraduate degree at The University of Hong Kong, on the basis of academic merit. Financial need shall also be taken into consideration.
The Scholarship shall be tenable throughout the normative study period (from four to six years) subject to satisfactory academic performance being maintained.
• Full-year tuition fee and a subsistence allowance of HKD 246,000 per annum
• Renewal Conditions: Subject to satisfactory academic performance being maintained
● be a national of The Federal Republic of Nigeria;
● have made an application and been accepted to HKU to study a full-time undergraduate programme in the coming academic year.
● be assessed as paying overseas tuition fee;
● lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at HKU