1. Application deadline: all applications must be submitted via the HKU Application System by Monday, March 11
2. Students requesting a waiver to the application fee should submit their request to email@example.com
3. Students should proceed to complete the supplemental application here and upload to the application system no later than Friday March 15
About the Scholarship
In 2017, a Hong Kong merchant pledged an initial sum for establishing an entrance scholarship for students from Nigeria to pursue undergraduate study at HKU. The donor has been doing business in Nigeria for many years and wishes to help develop the young talents there by enabling them to receive quality education at HKU and widen their exposure. The Scholarship shall be named in honour of the donor's father.
Purpose and Scope
The Scholarship shall be awarded as an entrance scholarship to outstanding student from Nigeria to pursue any undergraduate degree at The University of Hong Kong, on the basis of academic merit. Financial need shall also be taken into consideration.
The Scholarship shall be tenable throughout the normative study period (from four to six years) subject to satisfactory academic performance being maintained.
• Full-year tuition fee and a subsistence allowance (up to HKD246,000 in 2018; the amount of HKD246,000 is subject to upward adjustment in 2019)
• Renewal Conditions: Subject to satisfactory academic performance being maintained
● be a national of The Federal Republic of Nigeria;
● have made an application and been accepted to HKU to study a full-time undergraduate programme in the coming academic year.
● be assessed as paying overseas tuition fee;
● lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at HKU