|Abbreviation to be used in the application form||Code||Number of first-year places|
Programme Aims and Features
This double-degree curriculum is jointly offered by the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Arts. It allows students to obtain two degrees in five years and to meet the language requirements for Chinese Language teachers recommended by the HKSAR Government's Standing Committee on Language Education and Research.
The curriculum integrates academic and professional studies in language education. Students pursue a programme of study in Chinese Language and Literature in the Faculty of Arts, along with Education Professional Core courses in the Faculty of Education. Professional aspects of the double degree are phased in gradually over the five years, including pedagogy, psychological and sociological courses, and teaching practice in Hong Kong primary and secondary schools.
The programme offers two degrees, BA majoring in Chinese Language, Literature and Culture and a BEd in Chinese Language Education, including a recognition as equivalent to a Postgraduate Diploma in Education qualification.
Our graduates often join the following prossions:
- Teaching Chinese Language programmes in Hong Kong primary and secondary schools
- Teaching Chinese Language in local and overseas international schools
- Working in Government departments such as quality assurance or curriculum development under the Education Bureau, the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority or other government departments
- Publishing and textbook writing and editing
- Language training in business sectors
- Research at universities
Contacts for Further Information
Faculty of Education